Not sure where this idea came from–Pinterest likely, plus a cruise through Michael’s on my lunch hour.
I started with this burlap-covered frame–buy one, get one free!
I covered it with a thick layer of Mod Podge matte finish–just what I had on hand.
Then I added old doll pattern pieces (picked this up at an estate sale for 10 cents) being careful to overlap them. Then I added more Mod Podge on top. You have to use a gentle touch or the paper will tear.
Once it was dry I noticed the edges looked a little rough. Maybe some ribbon will help.
I used a hot glue gun to attach the gross grain ribbon. Now it was time for an initial.
I got the “J” and a “T” at Michael’s–great size and shape, but I thought black would look better. I only had chalkboard paint on hand and was too lazy to go to the store–when I want to craft, I am a little impatient. I think it worked out just fine!